About The Lake Union Chamber of Commerce
The SLU Chamber was formed to drive, expand and preserve the economic, civic and cultural development of the South Lake Union area for the prosperity of its people.
- Advancing our members’ individual and collective success
- Building a strong and diversified local economyHelping business people make the right connections
- Promoting and assisting in the development of a vibrant community
- Representing the interests of business with government
The South Lake Union Chamber of Commerce was officially incorporated with the Secretary of State as a 501 (c)(6) non-profit business association on September 26, 2006.
Original Board Members whose signatures accompanied the Articles of Incorporation:
- Shari Bason, Small Changes Wholesale Distribution
- Jeffrey Behn, US Bank
- Betsy Davis, The Center for Wooden Boats
- Phil Fujii, Vulcan, Inc.
- Monty Holmes, Athletic Awards
- Jimmy LeMert, Patrick’s Fly Shop
- Craig Maturi, Trammell Crow Company
- Ryan Murphy, Shamrock Design
- Brian, Petoletti, Schwartz Brothers
- Helen Powell, UW Medicine at South Lake Union
- Nicholas Tensen, Far Fetched Import Furniture
- Jason McKinney, Resident, Organizing Director, Incorporator
In April, we launched our logo and brand. The organization officially merged with members of Chamber predecessor – SLUNET.
SLU Chamber Board President, Rebecca Partman, Real Time Productions, successfully fought to re-include, “work with neighborhood businesses to support economic development” as a strategy in the updated Neighborhood Plan.
The SLU Chamber and the Cascade People’s Center contracted with King County to perform work on the South Lake Union In Motion program to support the use of alternative forms of transportation.
Thanks to a grant from the City of Seattle’s Office of Economic Development, we hosted a series of marketing workshops. Topics covered: Marketing 101, Build Your Audience, Your Print Materials Say a Lot About You, The Web Makeover Show.
We produced the first annual South Lake Union Trade Show at 415 Westlake.
We hosted several walking tours and brownbag lunches, continued to grow in membership, and produced our first neighborhood map. We ended the year on a high note, hiring our new Executive Director Jodie King!
Carrie 马彦 comes to Ewing & Clark from a varied and international background. She graduated from Peking University in China with a Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences, and subsequently earned an M.B.A. Read More…
Special Agents Realty just debuted their Lake Union Living aerial video tour, with beautiful HD showcasing the floating homes and houseboat communities, area attractions…